Monday, August 26, 2013

Love That Washi Tape!!!

I am loving that Washi Tape!  It makes cards a snap!  Here's a quick thank you card with Stampin' Up's Gingham Garden tape.  So simple and sweet!  This design would also make a cute birthday cake or Christmas tree with different sizes of tape in a stack.  I'll have to try that!

Found this idea at The Paper Crown - my favorite scrapbook store in Oklahoma City.  I visit their beautiful shop anytime I go to see my mom in OKC.  They have great classes and events so check them out by Googling "Paper Crown Blog".  I can't get the link to work here???
These frames were made by wrapping washi tape around a cardboard frame cut from the backing page in the Stampin' Up Designer Paper packs.  Of course the subject matter is my favorite part with grandson and niece adding their own cuteness to the project!

Items Used in Projects Shown:  All by Stampin' Up     Shop Here
Halloween Frame:
    Item #132156 Witches Brew Designer Tape $4.95 for 3 colors
    Item # 131269 Epic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape (orange) $4.95 for 3 colors
    Item # 119261 (black ribbon) and 119253 (orange ribbon)  1/8" Taffeta Ribbon  $5.95/10 yds

Christmas Frame:
    Item #132155 Season of Style Designer Washi Tape (Christmas) $4.95 for 3 colors
    Item # 126848 (Gumball Green ) 3/8 " Stitched Satin Ribbon $8.95 for 10 yds

Flowered Frame:
    Item #129314 Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape $4.95 for 3 colors
    Item #126847 (Midnight Muse ) 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon $8.95 for 10 yds

Thank You Card
    Item #129314 Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape $4.95 for 3 colors
    Item # 117193 Small Heart Punch
    Item # 131294 Pistachio Pudding Cardstock 8-1/2" x 11" $6.95 for 24 sheets
    Item # 100730 Whisper White Cardstock - 8-1/2" x 11"  $6.95 for 40 sheets
    Item # 126948 Melon Mambo Ink Pad $5.95
    Stamp sentiment retired but similar to Item #129690 Lots of Thanks Stamp Set $16.95

Had a great evening with 7 sweet ladies last Friday for a card/craft workshop.  We made the Washi (do you capitalize it?) tape frames, some Post-It Note holders, and a birthday card.  The Post-It holders are my favorite so I'll get info on those to you next. 


On a personal level, my husband and I took a drive to discover more of The Delta last Saturday.  They have begun harvesting corn in Mississippi - the farmland is beautiful even when the crops are brown! 


Please take a second to "Follow Me" or subscribe by email so you can stay up with the latest posts.  Feel free to share with your friends or on Facebook if you like what you see.  I am new at this so don't know if anyone see's it!  Would love your feedback!

Christmas is coming and I can't wait to get started designing cards!!!  Stay cool!
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. You are a gracious hostess and a wonderful crafts demonstrator! It is always fun to come to your gatherings! I'm looking forward to starting the Christmas crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! You are such a sweetheart and always make me feel appreciated!! Love having you guys!

      Delete