Saturday, September 21, 2013

Memory Tray Ready for Gifting

Do you have memory trays in your closet just waiting to be loved?  After 3 years I finally got out my memory tray to make that special Christmas present for my sister-in-law!  Ashley, if you see this, hit ESCAPE now!!!  Don't want to spoil the surprise!

It all started when my friend Sue came over to scrap and brought a darling Peace Sign shaped memory tray to make a gift for her grandaughter.  I remembered I had about 5 trays in my closet just waiting for inspiration, so this was the perfect opportunity!  I pulled an old October Afternoon Farmhouse kit and shuffled through my stash for embellishments.  This is what I came up with.  I found that tape runner is not strong enough to hold the background paper on.  I had to lift it back up and add double sided tape (the orange roll) to get it to hold all the embellishments.  I am happy with the results and hope she will be too.  It's hard to mess up with my precious nieces as subjects!!!
 Now on to the other 5 trays!  Looks like I've got Christmas in the "tray" this year!  Oh come on, at least give me a grin for trying!!!  LOL!  Would love to see what you've done with Memory Trays!  Feel free to share!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment