Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Tag with SU's Autumn Accents, and Chalk Talk Die Cuts

I've been looking for an excuse to bake Caramel Banana Nut Muffins ever since I picked up a mix at Williams and Sonoma.  It's one of my favorite stores but I live in The Delta near the Mississippi River so I drive over 2 hours to a well stocked shopping mall.  It is a real event when I go to "the city" to get my shopping fix!  When I found out my friend had to get a cortizone shot in her foot and was to stay off of them, I had my excuse!  The muffins were soooo yummy but you know how the story goes - If you give a scrapbooker a muffin, she's going to ask for a basket to put it in.  If you give her a basket, she's going to ask for a pretty towel to keep the muffins in the basket warm.  If you give her a towel, she's going to need a coordinating, to-die-for label with appropriate sentiment to decorate the towel.  Can you tell I used to be an elementary teacher?  Love that book (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Felicia Bond).



Anyway ....  here's what I came up with from my stash.  I'll list the supplies used below - all are from Stampin' Up and can be purchased on my website using the link in the margin OR substitute similar supplies you have on hand.

Directions:  Cut a tag from Brown Sugar Cardstock with Chalk Talk Framelit Die and emboss it with the Woodgrain embossing folder.   Type the sentiment on your computer and print it on Very Vanilla cardstock.  Use the medium Chalk Talk Framelit Die to cut out the sentiment.  Embellish the sentiment by stamping the edges with part of the leaf from Wonderfall Stamp Set using chocolate chip ink.  Cut the  acorn and leaves from the Autumn Accents Bigz Die Cut using paper from Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper.  Ink all edges of all pieces with Chocolate Chip ink and use dimensional dots to adhere and raise the acorn, sentiment, and top leaf.  Insert Chevron Ribbon into tag opening and tie with baker's twine.   Add a basket of muffins or a good book and go make someone's day!!!  Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment